Hello all beautiful readers out there!!
Hope this post finds you in great spirits! Lately, there has been a lot going on around us, be it in any sphere like politics, drama industry, agricultural sphere, education system and so on. Sure we read it, watch related videos and some of us may also share what we might like.
But the most important aspect to notice is how often do we learn from what we read? And do we ever implement and replicate the learning in our lives? Well honestly, I guess we have mixed replies in our minds to these questions, including me. I believe reading has become more circumstantial these days.
It is not important how much we read or from where we read. What matters is how impactful the learning from it is.
While we talk about acquiring knowledge, there is no dearth of resources. We grow, study and work to survive. But many of us have no idea, whatsoever, how other industries are flourishing, which, my friend, is lack of knowledge, networking and lack of interaction. Yes of course there are people who are expert in it. But, sadly, that percentage is insignificant. So today I am not gonna talk about ways to acquire knowledge, but more importantly the need and inspiration to learn as much as we can in today’s setting.
Once we are well read and well learned, it is up to us how we use our knowledge to grow. And for that my friend, all we need is to be motivated to start reading, keep reading and to read what everybody has not yet read.
You might find some of the below words of wisdom interestingly inspirational, by our leaders from the past, which exemplify importance of reading and acquiring knowledge.
So lets get started..
- No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire. — L. Frank Baum
- Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read. —Mark Twain
- The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds. ― John F. Kennedy
- The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder. – Ralph W. Sockman
- You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. – Paul Sweeney
- Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it. ― Albert Einstein
- We read to know we are not alone. — C.S. Lewis
- It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. — S.I. Hayakawa
- I think it’s the books that you read when you’re young that live with you forever. – J.K. Rowling
- To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. — W. Somerset Maugham
- An hour spent reading is one stolen from paradise. — Thomas Wharton
- If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books. – Roald Dahl
- I am a part of everything that I have read. — Theodore Roosevelt
There is a reason why these people have such faith in reading and in acquiring knowledge. And as soon as we grasp it, we will be able to step up our game of achieving our goals in life we have dreamt of. We all are sailing the same boat on this planet Earth. We all have problems in daily lives. Some of us are going through prolonged illness, and some are simply lost in the worldly cycles that lead to nowhere. It is high time we realize that only by gaining more, can we impart more and share more knowledge to make this world a better place to live in.
Hope some part of this post makes you rethink of times you have spent with your beloved books and awakes your lost love towards reading.
Let me know in comments below words/authors that motivate you the most. I am also updating my book bucket list, so book suggestions also welcomed 🙂
For more of such reads quotes you can check out:-
Have a great time ahead guys!!