Hello all beautiful readers!!
Welcome to another lovely April morning. With the onset of Spring, everything around sets a very encouraging vibe to start something new and fresh. All we need to find is a time-out for various activities for ourselves from our lifestyles, work routines and ever busy environment.
Why do souls need refreshment?
Can you imagine yourself eating only one dish- Chapati Dal, three times a day for an entire year? or let’s just say a month, or let me just save you the trouble say a week. You definitely will respond with a big NO even for a week, let alone a month or a year. Then how can you imagine to keep on working hectic hours with no refreshment and no reset time to your soul which is of utmost importance? There is a reason why the nature has designed everything in a peculiar way. The functionality of each organ and body part is unique. There is a reason why an individual should not just work, work, work but refresh, take a break and give rest to mind and body. And if we speak of healthy body which is capable enough to take the stress and pressure of your work you have to pay attention to it’s needs as well.
Give your body what it needs and it will return the favor by returning enormous amounts of energy that will keep you going!
Ancient Indian methodologies stated Yoga as one of the most essential part of human lives living on this planet. This sacred study was originated in India, Yes our country. The reason why Yoga is self sufficient for overall health care is that it is completely well equipped with dedicated asanas for each and every body part. Urban cultures are adopting Yoga and meditation as new mind and body workout rather than the, now, conventional gyms and other activities.
How to start?… For a beginner
Start with basic learning of Yoga asanas and the result that it is known for.
- Try to inculcate 30 minutes Yoga into your daily routing. For starter, it should be a routine that you need to indulge into.
- Always start with toe to head or vice versa stretching of each body part. These include stretching and rotation of each ankles, calves, knee exercises, thigh stretch, lower waist and butt stretching, abdomen and belly bends, back stretch, arms stretch and rotation, neck exercises and stretch.
- Identify your body parts that need attention. Research the exercises and asanas that you need to perform to focus on the those parts and practice them at least 3 weeks to see results.
- Breathing is very important to keep in mind while you perform your asanas. Make sure you are well read about your inhales and exhales during asanas.
- Water intake and good diet always adds to the healthier results with Yoga.
Basic Asanas to start with-
- Kursiasana (Chair Pose):
- Marjaryasana (Cat Pose):
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge pose):
- Anulom Vilom Pranayam
I would also like to put forward some special tips for all the starters like me out there.
- It is always beneficial to start under a trainer who can guide according to your body type. Even if you do not wish to go for that, research about the various articles or YouTube videos that might help you learn Yoga.
- Every body part can be taken care of with so many amazing exercises and asanas with correct breathing styles.
- Try and team up and spread awareness about this blessing to spread healthy lifestyle.
In this age of digitization, you need to de-connect yourself from the electronic buzz and digital exposure and give rest to your brain. Give it the time it needs to revitalize.
Let me know in comments below if you are interested to know more about Yoga and if you wish to read further posts focusing on details of asanas for specific body parts.
Have a happy start 🙂